Thursday, November 22, 2007

Sarah's Birthday...continued

So we left and headed shopping Tuesday afternoon. We arrived in Freeport around 5, checked in (Hereseeket Inn) and settled in. The Inn was quite nice, big tub for Sarah, fireplace in all the rooms. We decided to go to LL Bean first to return one of the gifts I got her for her birthday.For all of you thinking otherwise, this sign is on all the doors entering LL Bean. So everyone thats packing, keep that in mind.
Also, for the big guys out there, LL Bean apparently has boots in your size...

After returning the gift, we roamed the store so Sarah could visit with the couple of items she was trying to choose between. (I find something i want, and buy it. Sarah finds something, finds something else, then finds something else and goes back to visit each item to decide which she wants more. Sometimes this is a 15 minute process, usually though its an hour or two process, sometimes days...)
Dinner was good, a restaurant/tavern next to LL Bean. Sarah got haddock with a cream sauce, and I had a tremendous pile of fried stuff. (haddock, clams, scallops and shrimp along with fries. thankfully for desert, they offered a defibrillator sorbet) Sarah got a gimlit, which was very heavy on the vodka, and I had two beers. One of which I've had before, a Gritty's Halloween ale. Out of the bottle, it was excellent, out of the tap, not so much. I think the problem was though that my glass was from the end of the keg, so it wasn't so good. The Sebago Red I had was my first time having one. Very tasty, almost like a Killians lite. I'd give a 6.5.
Moving right along, Wednesday we went shopping, and boy did we ever shop. We hit pretty much every store in Freeport. I bought a couple of sweaters and some khakis (apparently i like j crew and Banana Republic clothes, snobby huh) and Sarah bought a sweater (which she asked me, "is this too Kermit green?" My response was no, but if you even have to ask that question, it might just be) and some other small items (I wasn't really paying attention to be honest) My question is this, how do guys were flat front pants? Every single time I tried on a pair, they were too small. I don't care how out of style pleats are, I'm sticking with them!
Yankee candle was on the agenda too. I hate that store. Waaaaay too many smells coming together and forming one HORRIBLE smell. The people that work there must have no sense of smell at all.
So after Freeport, we figured we'd hit Kittery as well. Basically the same stores, but lots more too. Lots more people too, which is no good. We bought a bunch more things, nothing all that exciting really. Although Sarah bought a really nice suede jacket a Wilson's for like $30. She always seems to have very good luck in that store.
Upon arriving in Boston, we were going to go visit Maya and Kim, but because of the unplanned stop in Kittery and the traffic we just headed to Sarah's parents house for dinner. Her brother is in town, so after dinner the three of us headed to a local bar to hang out for a while. Did a lot of catching up and watching of the Celtics game. All in all a very fun evening.
Anyway, its Thanksgiving, so I should probably get off the computer and help Sarah peep potato's. (plus the 'shift' key on my mother-in-laws lap top doesn't work that well and its annoying me) Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: