Saturday, November 17, 2007

Random Weekend Thoughts

  • Snow... before Thanksgiving... Its not much, but its definitely there...
    (btw, notice the beautifully stained porch. yeah, I did that. good job by me huh)
  • Tomorrow is m'lady's birthday. Hopefully she'll like the gifts I got her. If she likes them, great. If she returns them to buy something she likes, I'm cool with that too haha
  • So I got my hair cut today. Time for a little too much sharing.. I have dry skin. No matter what kind of shampoo I use, it doesn't matter, still really dry. So why is it that barbers feel the need to always use black "capes" or "smock" or whatever they're called, when cutting your hair. If they used white or some other white color, I wouldn't have to look down and see all the little specks of white. I think they do it just to embarrass me.
  • Spent most of the day at work today. And the parts I wasn't at work were spent playing video games and watching tv. A good Saturday, minus the work part, in my book.
  • Bought a new video game. Call of Duty 4. Awesome stuff.
  • Chinese food for dinner tonight. This is our second time getting it from this place, and both times it has been quite yummy. I think they're now the official chinese restaurant of this branch of the Maine Morrissey family.
  • Product review: King of Shaves shaving gel. I used it for a couple of years maybe 5-6 years ago, then got away from it, but I'm back using it now. Great great stuff. Gives you an exceptionally close shave, and its a gel, not a foam, so its better for your skin and you can see your face while you're shaving.
  • Beer review: Shipyard Prelude. Dark amber in color, available only in November/December. Not as flavorful as I would have liked in a winter beer. Dull would describe it best. It didn't taste bad, but there was nothing calling me back either. Overall, I'd give it a 5 on the jayscale. The website describes it as "rich and nutty with a hoppy finish." Well I missed all those flavors. I'd drink it if presented to me, but I probably wouldn't buy another 6 pack. (although I might try it on tap, as most beers taste different on tap)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog should be banned by the internet.

Anonymous said...

Right on Tony!!!

Oh by the way, you get snow where you are located.. Sometimes as early as August and as late as June. Remember SNOW is a four letter word..

Anonymous said...

Re: Shipyard Prelude... hops got really expensive recently. I'm sure that Shipyard brewery simply skipped that ingredient and moved on.

God knows that the blogger has done it in his brewing (skipping ingredients and even whole steps in the process).