Friday, November 30, 2007

Ahh... The Weekend

Finally..
Not much to report on lately. Work has been completely insane. I've been there 4 months and I'm already feeling burned out. Oh well. Didn't do much tonight. Got chinese food, watched some tv and read... exciting stuff huh.
The weekend though should be fun. I have some stuff to do around the house tomorrow, along with putting up the xmas lights on the outside of the house. (pictures will be taken, don't worry) Tomorrow night, my cousin D is staying with us, which will be cool. Most likely pizza and watch a movie and play some video games.. the perfect night really.
So I just finished reading a new book. Slam, by Nick Hornby. I've read pretty much everything by Hornby (High Fidelity, A Long Way Down, Fever Pitch, etc) so obviously I'm a big fan. This book could be considered "young adult" but I read it anyway. It was written in typical Hornby style, my style really (only 100x better). The book is about a 16 year old who worships Tony Hawk and (oops) gets his girlfriend pregnant. As are all of his books, it takes place in England and its really well written. It only took me a couple of days to fly through this one, but I would recommend it to anyone that likes his earlier stuff. Easy read, keeps the reader interested, a couple of laugh out loud moments.
Ok, that's it for now.. back to the Celtics game..have a great weekend all.

No comments: