Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Hump Day!

Wednesday.. can't wait for the weekend..
  • Someday when we have kids, I can't wait for this.. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071126&sportCat=nba
  • The best thing ever, the amazon.com "wish list". It makes buying gifts for people soooo much easier. Although I have no idea what to get my lovely wife for Christmas. We've put a $100 limit on gifts this year, and the idea is to do one great gift as opposed to 10 small trinkets that'll never get used. Any ideas out there?
  • So I haven't been to the gym in like a month, lazy I know. But I just found out that my brother-in-law, who's a great guy, but just doesn't scream "in shape", is running a 10k with his wife this spring. I think this is the motivation I need to start going back to the gym. If he can do it, I sure as heck can too. I need some sort of weight loss/get in shape bet though. Any takers? I figure if i'm competing directly with someone, I'm more liking to keep going to the gym as I hate to lose at anything.
  • Can you believe that Wheel of Fortune has been on 25 years! Think about the concept of the show. Hangman on tv, with money.. simple as that. And Vanna, easiest job in the history of jobs. She doesn't even have to turn the letters anymore, they're all touch screens! Easy money right there. And she's never worn the same dress twice. They're all returned to the designer or auctioned for charity. I'm like my dad, I wear the same thing pretty much every day, and she's never worn the same thing twice! Amazing..
  • For those of you who loved sports in the late 80's/early 90's there was NO ONE better than Bo.. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=bojackson&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1 To say that I was obsessed with him is an understatement. Remember the Nike slogan, "Bo know."? I must have owned 15 Bo Knows t-shirts, all in different colors, once for each day of the month. I still have his book and some of the posters from back in the day.
  • Did you see that in tonight's Republican debate, people could use YouTube to ask the candidates questions? Not sure how I feel about this. There are some pretty dumb people out there, and YouTube seems to bring out the worst in them (or best, if you like to judge and laugh at others)
  • So one of our favorite shows, Mythbusters, is currently do a pirate themed show. Good stuff. However sometime in the next couple of weeks, they're doing a MacGyver themed show, testing the most popular contraptions/schemes on MacGyver. Can not wait for this episode. Who doesn't love MacGyver?!?!
  • PowerBall jackpot is up to $155 million... Another great thing about Maine.. Powerball...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummmm Months on Earth have between 28 and 31 days, not 15. Where do you live? Mercury?

Cleaty said...

That was a great article about sports and the little girl. I can't wait to share sports with our kids. And if they don't like sports, they're going back. Did I tell you my million $ idea? To have a super athlete. I'm thinking a soccer player. Sorry, but they won't be able to play football or boxing. That's too dangerous.