Monday, April 14, 2008

I Think A Pig Just Flew Out Of My Arse

Before we get started, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Kim and Erica. I won't say how old they are of course... but I hope you both had a wonderful birthday and got lots of good presents :)

Ok, so I have this friend, lets call him Bill. Ever since I can remember he has been 100% against blogs. Not necessarily reading them, but writing one. I believe the phrase he used was “if I ever start a blog, you can hit me with a brick.” Well get those bricks ready boys, because the internet just added one more blog to its vast catalog. Now it won’t be for all of you, but I know for a fact some of you will greatly appreciate it. The subject of his blog you ask? Beer. Nothing but beer. I’m not talking stories of his drunken escapades, but the ins and outs of beer. Whether it be his latest brew, a review of a recently sampled beer or his quest to find the next great beer. Here’s the thing though; if you try something, write to him, give the beer a short review and submit it. The point of the site is to help us all remember what we’ve tried (I’m horrible at remembering) and what we’d like to try. If you find a bar/restaurant off the beaten path with an amazing selection, let him know, it’ll help us all. It’s a very informal setting, and he’s a much better writer than I am, so if you’re interested give it a try. Here’s the link, and you’ll notice I’ve linked to it on the right of the page.


We’re also going to add a couple new elements to our page. First, you’ll notice on the right I’ve listed the dates of some events coming to my great state this summer. If you’re thinking of coming to visit, it might not be a bad idea to center your trip around those dates.


Secondly, I’ve mentioned a couple times recently that I’ve started moving out of my comfort zone in the kitchen. Instead of just sticking to the same old recipes time after time (like one of our favorites, a Morrissey classic (thanks mom) chicken marinated in Ken’s light caesar dressing. Trust me, its tasty), we’ve been branching out. Using the crock pot more, and trying new things in general. If we make something scrumptious, the recipe will be posted for everyone to try. If you have any old favorites you’d like to pass along, please do. The wife and I are always looking to try something new.

You’ll also notice that I changed the look of the site yet again. I found the previous layout tough to read, so I’m going back to basics and keeping it simple. Hope you like it.

Ok, so dinner tonight. Made some burgers. Put shredded cheese in the wife's (not enough for her liking though) and brown sugar in mine. I made the burger a little too thick, but otherwise it was quite good. The brown sugar just gave it that little something extra to make it stand out. I caught a special on the Food Network the other day on hamburgers, so that's where I got the idea to test these out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I had an excellent time celebrating my 21st birthday. So did you already pick up the brick you'll use to throw at "Bhil"?