Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring is Here!!!

Or at least I think it is. It's been beautiful up here this week, although its supposed to dip back down to the low 50's this weekend. Oh well, can't be perfect all the time I guess. As long as its nice enough out for me to get some yard work in, I'll be happy. I can't wait to get outside and start making our yard functional.
  • Anyone else see this story? It's happening again. Someone thinks that they see an image of Jesus in some random object and next thing you know thousands of people show up to see it. Right, I'm Jesus, and instead of coming back to earth, I'm just going to tease the faithful with images of me in grilled cheese sandwiches and fogged up windows. Riiiiight...
  • So I've called around and every single driving range in the area is closed. At least one is opening up Monday, but that does me no good now! Its gorgeous out there, perfect weather to go hit some golf balls and I can't find a place to go. There's one right up the street from me at work though, so instead of coming home for lunch I can go work on my horrible golf game. The local public course is supposed to be really nice (27 holes) and there are a couple of other nice courses around too.
  • Playoffs start next week. Celtics are playing the Hawks, who really pose no threat. I can see them making a game or two relatively close, but that's about it. The series to watch though, is the Cavs/Wizards. Lots of trash talking and two pretty evenly matched teams. Of course cuz its Lebron, all the games will be nationally televised I'm guessing.
  • Future hockey goalie? Or future stalker? This kid takes emulating of his idol to a whole new level. Gotta love the dedication to details though. And its really not easy to walk around in all that gear. I hope his dad bought him a pretzel or something for his effort.
  • I kinda feel bad for our couch. Ever since we bought the new chairs, the couch has totally been neglected. I never thought that the wife was a recliner type of girl, but apparently I was wrong. We did however, think of another reason how the chairs benefit you, the reader. Not only are they a great place to sit when you come visit, but because they're made of leather they'll help cut down on the cat hair for all you allergic peeps out there.
  • Should I be worried that some random guy tried to sell my wife his meat today? Luckily I have a smart wife who knows she never needs to buy another man's meat, when she can get it at home for free. (i do all the grocery shopping)

No comments: