Monday, April 14, 2008

Lil' Help

So I'm watching the Sox game, and come the third inning Jason Varitek hits a line shot to right center field. From my couch I yell "get out, get out" trying to do my best to help the ball leave the park, as opposed to it hitting the wall like it did, for a double. My lovely wife who was sitting there doing homework (homework shouldn't be done in front of the tv, at least that's what my parents always said on those rare occasions when I actually did home work), told me to quiet down cuz "its not like they can hear you". She just doesn't get it. Someone out there, preferably someone who speaks female, needs to explain to her why people yell at the tv during sporting events. I've tried a million times over the past six year, but obviously haven't made any headway...
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I guess its kinda like her critiquing some one's outfit on What Not To Wear or some show like that, but she doesn't seem to think that's the case. I think yelling at the tv during a game is perfectly acceptable, she thinks its weird. Who's right??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jase,
tell Sarah what it's like with Dad watching TV sometimes......then she won't think you're so bad!!!