Sunday, April 6, 2008

Weekend Report

So the weekend started off well. Friday we went to the movies, saw Leatherheads the new George Clooney movie. Good movie, very entertaining. Lots and lots of little laughs, although apparently we went to the movies with all the dumb people in town. The wife and I were the only two laughing at most of the jokes. I don't think that the majority of the theater got the prohibition jokes and things like that. I'd recommend seeing it if you're looking for something light and fun. It did run a little long at about two hours, but there were enough good football scenes to keep me happy. What would have made me more happy, was if Renee Zellweger had opened her eyes just once! How does that woman not walk into more walls? Her eyes are always closed.
After the movie we hit the fine dining of the 99 for a drink and some apps. The wife polished off the biggest frozen margarita ever, I had a beer, we split a couple of apps, but the best part was the bar tender actually remembered us! We haven't been in there in probably six weeks and as soon as we sat down she started talking about the last time we were there. Impressive.
Saturday... what a day. We drove down to Boston to hit the wife's friends 30th birthday. We dropped off our stuff at the in-laws, said hi and continued down to Ikea so we could return something. Ikea... I like the store, but in really small doses. Its like a Dementer from Harry Potter. You see it from a distance and you're like, wow whats that, that looks interesting. Then you get close, or go into the store and it slowly sucks the happiness out of your soul. Seriously. I'm looking to buy a new recliner. I find one I like, but I'm not allowed to buy it cuz the wife likes to shop for deals and "see what else is out there". Well I don't do so well with options. As a matter of fact, I hate options. I like to have two, maybe three (and thats pushing it) choices and that's it. I like to find what I want and get it, simple as that. So far, thanks to the wife, I've found three chairs I like up in Maine at local furniture stores. And again, thanks to the wife, I found at least two more at Ikea. This is no good. My pea size brain doesn't do well in this situation. Needless to say after almost two hours in Ikea, we left with some garbage cans and light bulbs, no chair.
After Ikea, the wife had to get her fix in, and I really needed food (a hungry blogger is a very, very cranky blogger. its not my fault though, my dad is the same way, must run in the family) so we hit the mall. We were going to a birthday party that night, and of course my lovely wife didn't like any of the clothing options she brought with her, so we had to go shopping for more options. (again with the options!!) An hour later, after forgetting my keys in Johnny Rockets, we left, only to hit Frugal Fannies on the way back to her parents house. Yes, the never ending shopping day. Heaven for her, not so much for me.
Thankfully though, I had time for a nap before heading out, and off we went. The party was a lot of fun, the birthday girl didn't have a clue what was going on, which is really the point of a surprise party. We had a great time hanging out with friends we don't get to see/talk to often, and three beers later, I was home and in bed by 1230. I'm old, its official. Thirty one, can't hold my liquor anymore, and can't stay up past 10 o'clock without four red bulls.
Not much to be said about today. Got home around 1:30 and napped/watched tv/played video games all day. (got a new game, Rainbow Six 2. great game, highly recommend it)
Not that I don't love seeing everyone, but thankfully we won't be driving back to Boston anytime soon. I feel like I've spent the last month solid in a car. We have one trip in May, one, maybe two in June, and that's it! Maine.. its vacation land, and if you don't believe me it says so on the license plates, so its gotta be true! So that means that this summer if you want to see us, you have to come to Maine. And we hope you do. Visitors are always welcome and its beautiful up here in the summer. And if you time it right, you can even help with all the projects we have planned. Pick one...putting in a patio (ripping up driveway first though. sledge hammers for everyone!!), installing a small retaining wall, digging a dry well, redoing a bathroom, planting the garden, there's something for everyone! Maybe I'll send around a sign up sheet so you can get dibs on your favorite project :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cleaty said...

You have to dig a dry well? What are those for? Catching little kids? Is it a New England thing?

Also, what is Frugal Fannies? Haven't the slightest idea.

Anonymous said...

Can I sign up for the "beer consumption" project?

Anonymous said...

I love that you consider Ikea to be like a dementor. Fantastic. And then maybe Dudley will get sucked in, but Harry will save him... wait a sec... ;)