Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend Report

Before we get started, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my father, who turned 56 Saturday. I know you're not supposed to reveal a ladies age, but I'm sure he won't mind. Happy Birthday dad, careful not to break a hip now.
Ok...what a good weekend it was. The weather wasn't the best, but otherwise it was all good.
So let's see. Friday, we didn't do much. Stayed in, got some take out subs and pizza (mmm bacon pizza) and watched tv. The plan was to watch a movie we had recorded, but our dvr has decided that it doesn't want to work right now. Have I mentioned that I hate Time Warner before? Cuz I really do.
Saturday, I went to work for three or so hours that morning while the wife went to school to work on her class project. After work, I retreated to the couch where an afternoon of tv and video games followed (i swear I'm 31, not 11). When the wife got back, we decided to go furniture hunting. We had gone briefly Friday night, to revisit some chairs that I've been dying to buy, so Saturday was just the final decision. Should we buy them, or not. Well after getting tackled by a over zealous salesman in a very bad suit we decided to go to the other store and purchase the chairs. And I couldn't be happier :)
That's my chair. Ain't it pertty! Of course I took the pic from in front of the tv, so I have the perfect tv seat. My life is complete.
We ended up buying two, as you can see. Surprisingly, the wife really likes sitting in the recliner, I sure didn't see that coming. There was a small hiccup though, when we got the chairs home, one of them had a quarter size tear in it, so we had to take it back and get a new one. Other than that, I really couldn't be happier. We moved the second couch out of the living room and into the computer room, and moved the chair that was there up to the second floor. Thankfully my wife is like an ant (able to lift like 50times her weight) and freakishly strong, so we didn't have much trouble moving everything.
Today, we went to the Home Show at the local civic center. Not what we were expecting. Seventy five percent of the booths were either for custom built homes or hot tubs. Neither of which we really need right now. Although we did get to see enough bad 80's fashion to last us a while. Apparently the 90's haven't arrived this far north yet. The rest of the day was fantastic as I caught The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi on tv. I tried explaining the phenomenon that is Princess Leia in the bikini at Jabba's palace, but the wife just didn't get. I think that outfit played a very important role in the "maturity" of every male of my generation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice chairs!!!! and it only took you like 3 years to get them!!!
Also, I don't think Dad's gonna be very happy you posted his age....I do know for sure that I will KILL you if you post mine in the future.........