Thursday, April 3, 2008

Is it the weekend yet?

  • So, there are old adages, but are there new ones? When in doubt, reboot! That’s an adage we are all told to live by, by our favorite IT guy at work;
  • NERD ALERT! I changed my ring tone. Was Toby Keith’s “Not as good as I once was”, now is the Indiana Jones instrumental theme. Go ahead, make fun of me, its ok;
  • Finally, on the advice of my father-in-law, I bought a new electric razor. Went with a Norelco and so far I’m pretty pleased. The shave isn’t as close as a regular razor, but it definitely does the job. I’m too lazy to shave everyday, and now I don’t have to;
  • Not sure if I’ve mentioned this before but, we have a resident ghost at work. Back in the 1960’s, when my building was still a hotel, a maid was killed in her room. The murder was never solved (they originally thought it was the Boston Strangler, but it turned out not to be. The prime suspect was a local cop, but it was never proven). Anyway, she apparently shows up from time to time and there have been two run ins in the past couple of days. Kinda freaky huh. She’s always wearing a long blue dress, and is seen in only the original part of the building, never in the two new additional wings. Normally I wouldn’t believe it, but one of the people that has seen her a couple of times, is a guy I work with who lives in the manager’s apartment in the building. The place where she was killed is still in its original state (that part of the building is just used for storage of files, spare ovens/refrigerators, that sort of thing) and every time I walk by there (when I’m feeling brave enough, I usually go the long way around) the hair stands up on the back of my neck;
  • Tried two new beers. Every year Sam Adams holds a contest open to the public to see who can brew the best beer from home. The winner gets theirs sold in stores. I happen to be in the store today and saw the LongShot box sitting there, so I figured why not give it a whirl. There are actually two types of beer in the box, three of each. The first is a Grape Pale Ale, made by a woman from Hawaii. I actually liked this beer. It had grapes in it, so it had the appearance of a pale ale, but the taste of a ale/sparkling wine hybrid. Very interesting. By looking at it, the bubbles, the head the color, one would think pale ale, but when tasted it definitely felt like more of a sparkling wine. I’d tried it again for sure. The second beer was a Weizenbock, made by a gentleman from Illinois. I’m a little biased here because I’m not a huge fan of the darker beers. Very dark, amber like in color with a dominant creamy taste. If the cream was a little less prevalent, I think I would have enjoyed it more. As is, it really didn’t work for me.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Use 'Lectric Shave' (available even at Maine grocery stores) before shaving, Makes a *huge* difference.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.