Thursday, September 20, 2007

Almost there...

Weekend here we come! One more day to go, then back to Boston, yet again. Feels like I've done nothing but drive this week, but that's ok, cuz we won't be coming down again until one of our friends has their baby.
So, one of the many perks to living with me, is that I love to listen to music...loud. When we lived in MA, I could go hide in the office at the other end of the house and listen as loud as I wanted to, but in the new house, I really can't (but still do of course, sorry Sarah) An additional benefit to getting to listen to my favorite songs, is getting to listen to me sing to those very songs. Now I use the term "sing" loosely because lets face it, I'm no Tony Bennett. In fact, I can't sing worth a lick, and those of you who have had the pleasure of hearing me do karaoke can attest to that. My choice in music can also be suspect, I'll admit. Lots of country, lots of top 40, and lots of 80's music. But I'm definitely not afraid of making an arse of myself, so whatever..
So at one point tonight, I'm off in my own little world playing Snood, singing along and the misses yells out incredulously , "Are you singing along?", I responded by saying an emphatic "No."... well "ok so what if I was." The song you ask, Nick Lachey, "what's left of me". I have no idea why I'm telling you this. Sometimes I think I have the musical tastes of a 13 year old girl.
For some reason, listening to music is therapeutic for me. Relaxes me, and with work being as stressful and crazy as it has been, this does the trick. Some people (cough Sarah couch) take baths, some people have a few drinks, some go to the gym, I sing at the near top of my lungs to crappy boy band songs, so sue me..
On a completely unrelated note, the new rugs Sarah ordered came and they look great.
Yes, that is the kitten on the rug. She had a rough day at the vet. She needed a couple of shots and has to take some medicine now, so she's not happy with us. On the flip side, she's up to a whopping 2.5 pounds now..
Both rugs look great where they are, they really make the rooms look more finished. As always, the pictures really don't do them justice. You'll see for yourself when you come visit though. Gotta love overstock.com though. Sarah had spent the better part of an hour wrapping presents on the living room rug, so I kicked her off so I could take the picture. I will say though, that girl has quite the talent for wrapping presents, and that's not even sarcasm! If she worked at the mall during Christmas time wrapping gifts for the shoppers, she would tooooootally be the best wrapper there.
Finally, we've decided to head down to Boston Saturday morning, not Friday night. So hopefully we'll get a chance to see more people this trip down.

No comments: