Sunday, September 16, 2007

And Away We Go..

Wow.. what a weekend. So much packed into so little time. So let's see, Friday Sarah and I headed down to Boston for a friends baby shower on Saturday. So on the way down, we were trying to figure out what our plan would be for the night, and it ended up being us going in two different directions. She went out with two of her friends, and I went to a bar with my buddy to watch the Sox game. While at the bar, Fil (not his real name obviously) and I bumped into a "friend" from the past. The Tramapoline. All you Simpsons fans out there should hopefully get the reference. Ya see there's an episode where Krusty buys a trampoline, but ends up giving it to Homer because people get hurt on it etc. So after Bart and some other kids get hurt using the trampoline, Homer tries to return it to Krusty who doesn't want it back and pulls a shotgun on Homer to emphasize his point. Well that's this girl. When you're friends with her, you pass her on to the next sucker and that person can't pass her back... mean, kinda, but it is what it is..

Otherwise though, the night was fun, I got back to Sarah's parents (where we were staying) at 1130, and the misses rolled in sometime after 1.

Saturday, the misses had me up and at DSW (shoe store, there are none in Maine) at 930, and we were in the new mall in Natick at 10am sharp! The new section of the mall is very uppity, like I thought they were going to run a credit check on me before they let me in. All these stores I've never heard of and stores I would never shop in. (i.e. one store had simple hand soap, maybe 6 oz. for $27. yes $27! are you kidding me! Is it some sort of SuperSoap, does it fight bacteria and crime?) So needless to say it wasn't really my style, but Sarah found quite a bit that made her happy.

After that Sarah went to the baby shower with a couple of friends and I hung out with perhaps the cutest baby ever, while watching football. An odd occurrence happened though while we were watching tv. Mike was scrolling thru the channels looking for another football game and he passed over HBO, but for some reason we were getting someone elses feed (he doesn't subscribe to HBO) The person watching HBO was watching something from HBO OnDemand, and was fast forwarding thru the show, only stopping on the sex scenes. Obviously we didn't watch any as there were baby eyes and ears in the room, but still, very odd. The boys and I got to talking about developing a new system for rating the beers we try. Its still in its infant stages, however, a rough draft of our system will be rolled out for your input later this week.

Had a lot of fun hanging out with my friends whom I haven't seen in a couple of months, but Sarah and I had to head back up to Maine Saturday night as we had family in town. After a 3 hour 15 minute drive (yeah, I drove a little too fast at times, I know) we arrived back in Bangor. Shot over to my uncles house and hung out for a bit before turning in for the night.

Sunday, great day. Woke up, raked leaves, mowed the lawn, was done by 1030. Sarah had to do homework (nerd alert!) so I headed over to my uncles house where I met up with him, my father, cousin and 3 other uncles. What did we do, you say? We went shootin! Loaded up the pick up trucks with the guns (sadly, there were no gun racks present) and headed down into "the pit" for some clay shooting. Lots of fun, can't wait to go again (hint hint). Of the maybe 20 targets I shot at, I hit 2. But it was my first time shooting a gun in 15 years. Apparently all those years of Nintendo Duck Hunt didn't do squat for my accuracy. Lots of fun though, now I need to find a gun club to join so I can practice... we'll see about my own gun someday. I'd tell you all the guns we used, but I don't remember. A bunch of shot guns, some with two triggers, one the pump shotgun you always see in the movies. Great stuff really.

The rest of that day was spent hanging around the house, giving tours of the house, and taking in every word my aunt the interior designer had to offer. Thankfully she doesn't charge by the hour. Followed by another pop warner football game. Good times.

Tonight was the very yummy traditional lobster dinner. Sarah and I split one, but I had some steak too. Seriously, we eat like kings up here. Every time family comes out, my full time Maine relatives really go all out. Once the misses and I buy a dining room table, we'll take our turn in hosting, I promise! After diner my uncle drove his tractor over and we went for a hay ride (maybe 15 of us total) looking for deer in the woods/field out back. No deer, but that's because my cityfolk aunts were so loud that the deer in Nova Scotia could hear them. Little chilly out, but a lot of laughs. Telling you the stories thru typing really doesn't do them any justice at all.

Although I'm exhausted, this was easily one of the best weekend I've had in a while. Busy week ahead of us though, as I'll be in Boston Monday night thru Wednesday afternoon, then we're coming back down next weekend. It'll be great though, cuz we'll get to see everyone we didn't get to see this weekend.

3 comments:

Rob said...

Why didn't my name get "strategically censored" in an earlier post??

I demand justice.

Anonymous said...

Jase,
Read Sunday's posting 3 times already and still can't find the part that says how great it was to see Mom and Dad...........

Anonymous said...

Here's the dirt on the whole "someone else's TV channels" stuff: http://www.slate.com/id/2167389