Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Randomness

  • Book review: Can I Keep My Jersey, by Paul Shirley. Very entertaining read all around. Shirley is this guy who played college basketball at Iowa and has since spent the last four years as a basketball vagabond, playing in Europe, Russia, the NBA, CBA and ABA (11 teams in all) Easy to read, funny stories, some good insight into all things basketball. I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you're one of the 9 NBA fans left out there. Next book is The Wheel of Darkness. The misses and I have read pretty much every other book by these authors (two guys cowrite them) and have enjoyed them all. This is the newest in the series.
  • I've rediscovered Wise Onion Rings. I forgot how much I love these things... mmmmm
  • We held our fantasy football draft last night. I think I selected a pretty decent team, but we'll see. We held the draft online using the gmail chat function. (no chat room) Needless to say, with 7 of us drafting (one team couldn't make it, and was thus drafted for) my fingers got quite the work out. Whenever a player was selected, I had to inform all the other teams who got picked. Not to mention having to cut and paste all the trash talking that went on.
  • Another action packed day at work today. It might be time to start getting the old resume together haha
  • Got my hair cut today at lunch. There are 3 barbershops in Bangor. Two are owned by the same guy and are 50 yards away from each other (I have no idea where the third is located). The bonus is though, if I ever want one, they do hot shaves, with the warm shaving cream and the straight edge razor. I don't see myself getting one anytime soon, but its nice to have the option I guess.
  • Our newest kitten is still a little under the weather. Really, there is nothing more pathetic looking than a 4 pound kitten sneezing its brains out then looking at you like "what the heck just happened"
  • Big fan of the new game show, Power of Ten. I highly recommend it.
  • Friday night is movie night.. any suggestions?

2 comments:

eileen said...

I totally want to read that book!
And my fantasy team rocks- I have my two favorite receiver, Chad Johnson and Randy Moss. So I might not win, but I'll have fun following along.
Did you see Superbad yet?

Cleaty said...

3:10 to Yuma or The Brothers Solomon.