Thursday, September 13, 2007

Is it the weekend yet?

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a weekend. Lots of family coming up Saturday and Sunday, so it'll be a blast as always.
So last night, I'm asleep somewhere in dreamland (I believe it was an Indiana Jones type scenerio. In my dreams I'm always saving someone or whatever. I think I was destined to be a superhero minus the super powers of course. And tights, tights just don't work for me. I guess I could be a Batman type, but I'm not rich and not all that tough. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to stick with this property manager thing then, but I digress) when I feel this scratching at my neck. Yeah, turns out our cat Anny, who I affectionately call Sh*t for Brains, was attacking the necklace around my neck. Apparently she thought it was some sort of chew toy. Not good times.
Then on the way to work this morning, I see the bizarro Coolio. This guy looked exactly like Coolio, with the funky hair and everything, except he was white and driving a Corsica..
For those of you who care, the great beard experiment has come to an end. After eleven days, I came home from work and shaved it off. As you can see in the picture, I couldn't seem to get any hair to grow beside my mouth, and I kinda felt like a 13 year old boy trying to grow a mustache to look cool, which isn't exactly the look I was going for.
You can also tell from the picture, which was taken after work, that it wasn't the best of days at the office. I had a nice cooshy well paying job working for the state, then I come up here and get a much lower paying, crazy busy job. Not one of the better decisions I've made haha.
So this morning, I get an email from the misses saying she's having the worst day ever. I figure its something work related blah blah blah... boy was I ever wrong. Apparently she found, and plucked, a gray hair off her head. Her first one...welcome to the club! Now mind you, this is the same woman that spent the better part of a pop warner football game pointing out the white hairs in my "beard". Some might say karma, I just say she's getting ooooooooooold. (good thing the couch is comfy). Although to balance her old feelingness, she got hit on and invited to a frat party Saturday night at UMaine. Tragically, we won't be able to make it and neither will the little punk that talked to her, as I broke his kneecap later in the day. Whaaaat I didn't want to really hurt him, just warn him. The last thing I need is the misses running off with some college boy, right!
And lastly, a big shout out to my crazier the us sister-in-law. We received in the mail today a gift for the new cats, catnip. So on behalf of my crazy cat lady wife, thanks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look a bit like the guy who got his non-girlfriend a champagne diamond in Beautiful Girls. And now it is immortalized on the Internet!

Cleaty said...

Cool! I made your blog! However, I don't get how we are crazier than you guys. You have 4 cats. We have 4 cats too, but one of them is missing a paw so that is more like having 3.8 cats. So you take the cat-crazy prize. Congrats!

Like the beard.

Anonymous said...

okay jas you have gone over the edge.....and aunt jeanne says enough with the misses name

B

Anonymous said...

I am bummed I missed seeing the beard in person, much like I didn't see your highlighter hair in person before you cut it off.