Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday, I think.

For some reason I thought it was Wednesday all day and its only Tuesday. I hate when that happens. As you can tell, I'm a big fan of bullets, both to make individual points, and to shoot.
  • For those of you interested in my post a while back about the Paul Shirley book I read, (he is the guy who's played for like 8 professional basketball teams in the past 5 years) his column is back on espn.com. Good stuff. There's a link on the side of the page to go back and read his older writings too.
  • There are two great video's here. (scroll to the bottom) One is the Kansas City Chief's mascot helping security stop someone who ran onto the field, and the other is a ipod commercial parody. Funny all around.
  • Tried a new beer tonight. Gritty's Halloween Ale. Tasted like a Sam Adam's Octoberfest, junior. Obviously not as good as a Sam's, but pretty darn tasty in its own right. Had the same flavor as an Octoberfest, but not as strong I guess I would say. While I was at the liquor store, I almost bought some mead too. They had it right on the counter next to the cash register, very tempting. Mead(basically a honey wine) has been around forever, and by forever I mean you could have settled up to the bar, thrown back a couple of pints with Socrates and discussed life. I've never had it, so I might have to buy some soon.
  • Nice job by the Bruins trying to bring back some of the old magic. They hired Cam Neeley as a VP today.
  • We renamed the kitten. Anny just wasn't working for us anymore, mostly because she stopped sounding like Darth Vader. Her new name is Lucy, as in lucy-fer, the devil, evil in kitten form.
  • Watch two shows tonight. Both favorites from years past. Bones is a good show, usually some good twists and the misses loves David Boreanaz. And of course House. Always entertaining. Although this year they started using a hand held camera for some scenes and that just didn't work for me. No need for it, almost superfluous. We also tivo'd The Reaper, which is supposed to be another good show (tonight was the pilot), we'll watch it tomorrow and report back later.
  • And finally, I can't encourage you enough to go here and send the link around. Hilarious, in my humble opinion. Plus, everyone could use a good pep talk from time to time, right?

No comments: