Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thirsty Thursday?

  • Lets start off with a big congratulation and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my parents. 32, years, 30 of which have been wonderful of course. (the first 2 without me around were just so-so)
  • Tonight's the start of the NFL season, fiiiiinally. Gentlemen, start saving, cuz you're all going to owe me some money by the end of the fantasy football season.
  • I went to buy a Patriots jersey tonight, but I just can't bring myself to spend the $75 for it. Does this make me cheap? Or am I too old to own one anyway?
  • The misses and I tried a new restaurant tonight. Paddy Murphy's, which is right down the street from our house. From the outside it looks huge, but its really not all that big inside. Decor was typical understated Irish bar, huge booths which is nice (easily fits 6), not that many tables, but plenty of room at the bar and at bar tables. Food was decent I guess (they seem to be trying to be too fancy) Drinks are another matter entirely. They classify their beer as follows: domestic, imported, and Maine. I tried two beers, both from the black bear brewing company(they don't seem to have a website, go figure). One was the Gearhead Red. Similar to Killian's, only not as good. Best described as having no aftertaste, and almost a "smokey" taste to it. Went down smooth though, so that was nice. I also tried their Pale Ale, which tasted like a poor man's version of Sierra Nevada. Although I'd much rather have a Sierra Nevada. Overall, I'd try them both again, but I'm in no rush. (they also had a porter, stout and blueberry beer on tap). To summarize, I'd go back to Paddy Murphy's, but really only for drinks and appetizers. The food just wasn't worth it. (they burned my burger, I hate that. there's no excuse for a medium burger to been burned)
  • And lastly, we finally thought of a name for the new kitten. Get your jokes ready. She's been sick since we got her, sniffling and sneezing. So we named her Anny which is short for Anakin, which is Darth Vader's real name. (that's what she sounds like when she breathes)
  • No real plans for the weekend, can't wait to sleep and watch the Patriots though

1 comment:

Rob said...

CARRIAGE RETURNS, JASON! CARRIAGE RETURNS ARE YOUR FRIEND!