Friday, September 21, 2007

Everybody's working for the weekend!

And its finally here. Left work at 330 today, the one benefit of the job is that we can get out early on Fridays if we reach our weekly goals, which is nice..
Headed home and proceeded to play on the computer and watch tv for the next 3 hours. Good times. We ordered chinese food for the first time in Maine, and I've gotta say it was pretty good. Not great, but very acceptable all around. Dinner was followed by more tv watching by me and 18 hours of homework for the misses. Not good times.
Couple points before heading off to bed, then back to Boston..
  • So have you ever seen the radio dj's parody on the Simpsons? The two guys who talk in those "radio" voices and use lots of cheesy sound effects. Yeah, well the local afternoon sports radio guys sound exactly like them, its pretty bad. Rumor has it WEEI is coming up soon, so we'll see. Also, apparently Howie Carr's show is syndicated up here and everyone seems to love him. Well I suppose not everything can be perfect about Maine.
  • In addition to high school football, they also broadcast high school soccer on the radio. The games are also taped and played on the local access channels. Gotta say, they do a much better job then the people who did our high school baseball games. My buddy and I used to get up and play catch during the game our senior year(cuz we didn't play much obviously) and every time we did they'd announce that we were warming up in the bullpen. Mind you neither of us had ever pitched in a varsity game, but thats neither here nor there..
  • Question, what would you consider the modern equivalent to Animal House? Old School? Van Wilder? Feel free to throw out your suggestions. I was talking with a buddy about it, and I had this feeling like I was missing something really obvious.
  • You know what annoys me? The new trend in football where they say, "Joe Schmoe is out with a shoulder." Not out with an injured shoulder, or bad or sprained or whatever, just a shoulder. What the heck does that mean? Does he have an extra shoulder that just gets in the way? Or maybe he's missing one of his shoulders and can't find it...
  • I can't get the surround sound to work on my tv. The tv and receiver just don't seem to want to communicate and work together. Any suggestions, fire away.
  • Found a fantastic new liquor store. They deal in mostly wines, but have a lot of specialty stuff, and the guys said they'll order whatever I want. And for all you DogFish lovers out there, they have every kind, except for the newest seasonal, in stock.
  • And lastly, I forgot to mention this before, but I finally donated my car. Its been sitting in my parents driveway for waaay too long, and I finally got around to sending in the paperwork and whatnot. I donated it to the National Kidney Foundation. A huge thank you to my parents for being so patient and letting me keep it at their house for so long. The neighbors are probably very thankful its gone. As a matter of fact, I think the value of your house just went up a bit.
  • That's it for now, have a great weekend loyal readers...

No comments: