Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

  • Used my new thatch rake today, needless to say I can't lift my arms above my head. It pulled up lots of thatch, but it was too hard! Next time I'm just going to rent the dethatching mower at Home Depot for $50. (fyi, thatch is the layer of debris that sits on a lawn when it hasn't been mowed/raked in a long time. this layer doesn't allow the water and nutrients to get to the grass, so the grass won't grow. this is what you learn watching the DIY and DiscoveryHome networks.)
  • Speaking of my lawn.. I'm a competitive guy, and the only reason I dethatched it was so that I can guarantee that my lawn will be nicer than yours. And by yours, I mean everyone reading this.
  • Congrats to Clay Buchholz on the no hitter yesterday
  • Two new beers were tried. Shipyard Summer was very good, but it was heavier than the normal summer beers. Good, but not great. Doesn't really distinguish itself from other beers out there. Also tried the new Miller beer with salt and lemon or whatever (it was $5 for a sixer, I had to try it). You know when you're about to do something stupid, and that little voice inside of you really encourages you to think hard before completely the task at hand... well I should have listened to the voice (which sounds suspiciously like the misses, even when she's not around) and not bothered trying it. Not good at all. Tastes like a Miller lite that someone peed in. Not that I know what that would taste like, but you can imagine.
  • And as I recently read in the summer edition of Boston College Magazine, "Mike, '98 and Kim (last name left out) celebrated the birth of their daughter Maya Lin on November 1, 2006. The family is doing great and living in Framingham." Also, "Jon and Erin (last name left out) celebrated the birth of their second child on May 25." Congrats to all! Wiggum, what no wedding announcement?
  • Fantasy football draft is Tuesday night. Looking for one more team if anyone is interested, let me know. Although you will have no chance of winning, along with the other members of the league you'll get to experience the feeling of losing to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please note: The Sue/Phil wedding was announced in the Winter 2006-2007 issue of the Boston College Magazine. Sarah was noted as being in attendance.

Rob said...

Aerators can actually do more good to thatch than a thatch rake ... just sayin' ... :)