Sunday, September 9, 2007

Weekend Report

Where do I start.. well, I guess starting with Friday would make the most sense. So let's see, Friday, dropped the car off to get the transmission fluid and oil changed, so I got to walk home from work. Its only a little over a mile, but it was like 90 degrees out, so that was no fun. That night was spent out and about. The misses and I decided to really go all out and have a crazy Friday night. So of course, we went to the mall. We originally planned to go for an hour before settling in for a night of tv, but that didn't happen. We hit the mall, where I bought a pair of Umbro shorts, which had me thoroughly excited (Umbro's were like the shiznit back in the day. They're a European soccer company that ruled the soccer world before adidas. Apparently they're making a comeback. Most comfortable shorts ever though, but I digress) Sarah flirted with the idea of hitting the Orange Julius, but decided against it. After the mall, we hit Bed Bath and Beyond ("Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time") and Borders. Yeah that's right, I said Borders. We know how to party up here in Bangor. Oddly enough though, Borders was packed, and we were there at like 930. When we got home, I turned on the tv to find a show called World's Best Dating Shows on. Fantastic stuff. They took clips from Cheaters and Blind Date and shows like that. Man, the things some people will do to get on tv. My favorite was the clip from Cheaters where the guy found out his stepdad and wife were having an affair. So of course he comes barging into the house (where he lived with his stepdad, mom and wife) with camera crew in tow and confronts the wife and stepdad and the same time. Took the mom a few minutes to realize what was going on, and when she did she thought it would be a good idea to turn the garden hose on the stepdad. Great stuff really.
Saturday was spent doing stuff around the house, watching tv and playing xbox. The perfect Saturday really. Saturday night, the misses and I went with my two cousins to play some mini golf. We're all horrible mini golfers, although some blame does have to go to the course conditions. Every hole had a huge lip around it! No good, no good at all. After though, we stopped at Gifford's for ice cream. FANTASTIC. Mocha chip... to die for.. seriously. They have like 10 more flavors I need to try. When we dropped off my cousins at their house, which is only maybe 2 miles away, we realized that it had poured at their house (fog was really bad driving down their street), but not a drop had fallen at the ice cream place thankfully.
Sunday. Good day. Hit the gym, Target, then went to my cousins first pop warner football game. He's playing nose tackle and some left guard. I've gotta say, for never playing football before, I was pretty impressed with his play. (thats him in the red, in the three point stance)






The best part is, the field is only a couple hundred yards down the street from our house. Makes it very easy to get to the games. After, of course watched the Patriots and Red Sox games, played some more xbox and headed over to my Uncle's house for a pot roast dinner. Scrum-didily-umtious stuff. Pot roast with potato's, carrots, etc, and a chocolate cake for dessert, perfection.

Well, that about sums up the wknd... just a couple of random thoughts before I let you go..
  • I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of my brother's family...little Maya. She's only a puppy, but look at the size of that noggin', she's gonna be huge!


  • There's a great show on HDNet called, Nothing But Trailers. All it does is show movie previews. I think I watch it every time its on, even if I've already seen it once.
  • There are a lot of yard sales up here, which can be a good thing. Sarah and I are looking for a couple of antiquey pieces of furniture, so this might be where we would find them. Problem is, all the yards sales around us seem to only be selling clothes... no thanks.
  • High school football is so big up here, that they bump the Red Sox games to another AM station in favor of the Bangor High games.
  • The kitten is no longer sick, which is good an bad. Good cuz she's not sick, bad because now she enjoys walking across the keyboard and attacking the cursor/mouse arrow on the screen.
  • Ok, that's it. Have a great week...latah

3 comments:

eileen said...

Umbros!

p.s. that puppy is THE CUTENESS.

Anonymous said...

Umbros are back? Sweet!

jay said...

I knew you guys would appreciate that. I'm going back tomorrow and buying another pair. They're made out of a better material than the old ones too