Thursday, September 27, 2007

Slow Day.

Slow day all around...

  • Is it weird that before we cook the DiGiorno pizza, I rearrange all the peperoni into a symmetrical pattern? It makes it so much easier to cut after its cooked. You don't have to worry about cutting thru a peperoni, which then pulls the cheese off the pizza, and no one likes to see that.
  • We have two DVR's (digital video recorders, for the technologically backward) and they're the most fantastic thing ever. Everyone should have one. Wanna make a snack that takes longer than the commercial break to prepare, pause your show. Missed what someone said because a fleet of Harley's roared down the street, rewind. Wanna watch one show while recording another, just hit one button and its done. For a tv-aholic like me, it really doesn't get any better. Unless you're like my friend Fil, who uses his 80's dvr all the time, but has to keep buying blank tapes for it.
  • Finally got around to watching Chuck (it originally aired Monday night at 8) Fun show. I recommend it to those of you with a DVR, because its on opposite How I Met Your Mother, which is a great show itself. The main character, Chuck, was like a cross between J.D. from Scrubs and Jim from the Office. Above average writing, good action scenes, and most importantly it doesn't take itself too seriously which is key.
  • Watched the season premiers of My Name Is Earl and The Office tonight. Earl could have been better. It almost felt like they took a half hour script and stretched it into an hour, but it was still quality tv. The Office was hysterical as always. I really can't say enough good things about the show. And its like a "how not to be a boss" seminar for me every week. Whatever Michael Scott does, do the opposite. For example, when arriving at work in the morning, don't hit one of your employees with your car.
  • Big day tomorrow. Our first non family visitors are arriving. You have no idea how excited I am. We're very proud of our house and can't wait for everyone to see it. Plus, we miss our friends back in Boston and its always great getting to hang out, even if its just for a night or two.
  • Lastly, I'm reading a book called "Who Stole the Funny". Its a fictitious behind the scenes story of a tv show called "My Urban Buddies", with a cast of 3 men and 3 woman...sound familiar? It basically takes place over a one week time period (the time it takes to shoot one episode). There's all the stereotypical Hollywood types, the sketchy agent, the self centered cast, the coked out husband and wife team that are writers/producers/creators and the main character, the sane director. Funny book, I'd recommend if you're looking for a easy, fun read. Although buying this book presented a larger issue. When I built my bookcases, all my books fit, but that's it. So now I need to decide where to put another bookcase...

2 comments:

Cleaty said...

Can you add more shelves to your bookcase? We have a store bought bookcase with a good 1-1.5 feet between shelves. So when my dad came to visit last weekend, we had him bring his circular saw (or whatever it's called) and we went to home depot to get some wood and cut it up to size to make more shelves. I even painted them with the wood finish stuff. Now I have two shelves spaced really closely together and I have all the small, paperback books on there and I can fit a lot more books without having to get another bookshelf. Square footage is scarce (and expensive) in CA. Anyway, all your projects and home improvements inspired us to build more shelves for our bookcase.

Sarah said...

For someone who proclaims a love of the DVR I get in trouble an awful lot of leaving the room during a commercial break and not getting back in time...