Monday, September 24, 2007

Mea culpa.. actually it wasn't...

So let's see now.. where to begin??? Don't be upset with me, I have a very good reason for not posting yesterday. Our internet was down. Gotta love Time Warner Cable.
Anyway, on to the wknd. Great wknd I must say. Down in Boston, didn't do much Saturday night. Had the yummiest ribs ever for dinner with the misses and the mother in law. I don't know what makes them so good, but every time she makes ribs, they're soooo good. After dinner, we went to the mall, again. Didn't buy anything this time though. Or at least I didn't. Sarah went to Sephora (which is kinda like her Mecca) and picked up a couple of items.
Sunday, Sarah went to another baby shower, while I went to Friday's with some of the boys. At first we went to Chili's but they're tv placement was a joke, so we went to Friday's where it was much better. Red Sox and Patriots side by side. Although someday when I own my restaurant, I'm going to make sure to invest in some nice bigger tv's for the bar. Nothing smaller than 42 inches, so everyone can see them clearly. Three Sam Adams Octoberfest later, we left. Sarah showed up around 4, and three and a half hours later we were back home in Maine.
Ok, now that you're all caught up, a few thoughts..

  • I went to get bagels for breakfast Sunday morning at the Brueggers in Newton. They have maybe 13 different kinds of bagels there, but were out of 6 or 7 of them. The couple of Newton ladies ahead of me in line acted as though it was some personal attack on them, "What do you mean you have no plain bagels? How can you be out?". I honestly thought one of the ladies was going to flip out on the poor 15 years old behind the counter. I of course just ordered two sesame bagels and went on my way.
  • So Friday's is running this promotion where you get an appetizer, meal, and desert for $12.99...not a bad deal right. What's the name of this deal, according to the inside of the menu... Menage a Trois. Ummm, hello marketing, anyone awake there? How did no one catch this? A nice family restaurant like Friday's wouldn't be ballsy enough to name their promotion that on purpose, would they?
  • We have an insane cat. She must have woke me up 7-8 times last night. Any piece of skin outside the blanket was fair game. My ears were bitten, my neck scratched and my eyes clawed at. Luckily, its a little known fact that kittens are made of rubber. So when you throw them across the room, they just bounce off the floor, however, they just keep coming back like this is the most funnest game in the whole wide world. Its not.
  • And I have fantastic news! We have our first visitor officially scheduled!!! Eileen and Erin are coming up Friday night, spending the night, hanging out Saturday, then heading back for a wedding and a baby shower that that evening. (two separate events, not some sort of twofer at the local VFW) We haven't seen either of them in a couple of months, so we're very excited to hang out. Who knows, maybe a night out in the big city of Bangor is on tap.
  • Tv review time. Its Monday, and all the season's new shows are starting. How I Met Your Mother on CBS was is a favorite from the past couple of seasons and the season premier tonight definitely did not disappoint. If you're a fan of old fashioned sitcoms (ya know from the 90's, like Friends and Seinfield, shows with laugh tracks) then you'll like this show. And if you watched tonight's episode, and remember a theme throughout last season, you'll love this. Also tonight, we watched The Big Bang Theory which was also on CBS. Typical awkward geeks meet hot blond premise, but it was actually pretty funny. Then again, sitcoms were designed for people like me, I'll laugh at pretty much anything. Considering there's nothing really on opposite it, I'll probably continue to watch it. I also tivo'd Chuck on NBC, but I won't get around to watching that for a few days. Lastly, the season premier of Hero's was tonight. FANTASTIC show. I really can't say enough good things about it. Half drama, half comic book, all around good stuff. As a matter of fact, I'll be purchasing season one shortly. Watched the first 20 minutes of Journey Man on NBC too. Not too bad, not that great. Just seems like a show you can watch just to watch when nothing else is on.
  • Anyway, stay tuned for more reviews as the week goes on. Any suggestions for shows, just let me know.

No comments: