Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day

Which it really was for me... I went over to my uncle's house this morning and helped him stain his new deck. 16'x24' so it was no small task. It only took us like 3 hours, so it wasn't so bad. Now we just have to pray it doesn't rain anytime soon and wash away all our hard work.

The nice part though, was my reward. I went go-karting with my cousin out in the gravel pit/field/woods behind their house. Good times. He drove the go-kart, I took the gator. As it turns out, the new gator can hit about 35 mph, slightly faster than the go-kart, so I can take him in the straightaways, but he had far superior handling. I can't wait to buy my own go kart someday :)

On another note, Sarah finished building the tv stand. And it looks fantastic! I'm not just saying that cuz I don't want to sleep on the couch either. It really does look great. Built out of mdf and painted white. The picture honestly doesn't do it any justice, but it fits the room perfectly.
Two last random thoughts. The misses and I opened one of the two bottles of champagne we've had in the fridge for months, last night. It was a bottle of "All Shook Up" champagne, apparently its an Elvis theme.. Anyway, it tasted pretty good (I can't seem to remember where we got it though, so if you gave it to us, it was excellent!), although it had big bubbles. And everyone knows, big bubbles big headache, little bubbles little headache. About two glasses in, the headache started, so I stopped.
Lastly, does anyone know of a company that puts out ice cream flavored sorbet? I found a chocolate one, but I'm looking for a coffee flavor or something like that. The soy ice creams just aren't that good, so I needed to switch to sorbet... thanks!

No comments: