Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Its Fun Being the Boss..

So I had an interesting day to say the least. First there was a "fire" last night in the building. Fire trucks, police, the whole nine yards showed up at like 630 last night. Turns out a resident fell asleep on the couch while something was cooking, up goes the smoke/steam, off goes the alarm, in come the firemen.
Today, another alarm goes off. The alarm in my office just tells me which floor its on, not the specific unit, which is annoying. So I hop on my trusty walkie-talkie and radio the maintenance guys to meet me on the 3rd floor so we can figure out whats going on. After 2-3 minutes of searching for the correct unit, it turned out to be a resident whoaccidently pulled her emergency chain (ya know, the ones that hang from the wall, so they can be reached if the resident falls or something) whiles she was getting into the shower. So there I go into the apt of an 80 year old woman, looking for the source of the alarm while she's in the shower. Made for some VERY awkward moments.
Then I had a blue haired bully yell at one of my staff, to the point where she was thinking of quitting, so I had to talk her out of that. Then I got to go be the boss and defend my staff to this lady. I put that old fogey right in her place, I'll tell you that much! Being the boss is fun :)

Finally, just a rundown of the new beers I've tried since moving..
1. Gritty's Summer Ale - bought it in one of those mini kegs. good stuff all around, once I figured out how to use the keg. Nothing spectacular though.
2. Sea Dog IPA - Very tasty. The brewery is right down the street and we'll be going there this wknd to sample more.
3. Casco Bay Summer - My second favorite so far. Light, but not too light. Comparable to Harpoon UFO. They're RipTide Red is also very very good.
4. Weyerbacher Extra Hoppy - EXCELLENT. I've never heard of this beer, and I'm usually not a fan of the extra hoppy beers, but out of the tap it was perfect. And its at the same bar that has the Dogfish Head on tap. Good times.
Obviously, there's not much to do in Maine except drink, which isn't such a bad thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed this post. This could be the most important information on the Internet!

Good review of beers. You'll have to sample all of the beers on tap at this local place... and then post about it!