Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Some Random Thoughts...

So far I'd say Sarah and I are settling in pretty quickly. The house is coming along nicely and we're both adapting to our new work environments, but the best part is the people that come up to visit. My relatives that live up here now (Uncles Barney, Michael and Dennis, Aunt Sheila and cousins David and Brianna) are all fantastic and have been incredibly welcoming to Sarah and I. We really couldn't ask for anything more (unless of course they want to keep sending David over to peel wallpaper and mow my lawn), but beyond that there seems to be a constant flow of relatives that are up here. Two weekends ago it was my parents, last weekend it was Aunt DeeDee, Uncle Steve and family and this coming weekend it'll be Aunt Erin, Uncle Bobby (maybe) Uncle Timmy (perhaps the best story teller alive) and Uncle Brian. This is fantastic. We're loving this cuz we basically just sit around and listen to all these old Morrissey growing up stories, of which there are easily five million, with each one more hilarious than the previous. Now I know that once it starts to get cold, we won't have another visitor until spring, so we're just going to enjoy it while we can! Plus, with all these people coming up, it motivates Sarah and I to keep the house clean for when they come see the place. Speaking of which, the new washer, dryer and dishwasher showed up today, so I should really go hook them up now...ttfn

2 comments:

Rob said...

Ummm ... did you just say TTFN?

jay said...

unfortunately i did.. it was late, i was tired. it'll never happen again