Thursday, August 2, 2007

Working from home might cause heart attack

I finally have something interesting to blog- which was really why I hadn't said anything before now- nothing interesting happens when you work from home....

So I'm sitting in my office actually doing work- it's been a busy morning- and I hear a noise from the front of the house (my office is all the way in the back) sounds almost like knocking, but only one knock... so I figure it's a cat and wander into our bedroom, where both cats are sound asleep. Then I hear the noise again from downstairs. I sneak down the stairs, and would have sworn the noise came from the front porch, but nobody is there. Then as I watch the front door, the doorbell rings! so I walk towards the back door, picking up a screwdriver on the way, you know just in case.

Look out the back door-nobody there. I also have all the shades closed in the house because it's so warm and sunny out, so if someone was hiding I wouldn't see them. Back I go to the front door and finally open it... nobody. Then I get the nerve to open the back door and a piece of paper falls to the porch scaring the hell out of me. Someone has left a note tucked in the back door offering to buy the papazan chair that is on the front porch...

So Mainers apparently think it's normal to check out furniture on the front porch of someone's house then offer to buy it. Must be what happens when there aren't enough stores around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How bizarre! So on the one hand you're in Maine and people do weird things like that. But on the other hand, you're in Maine, and they didn't just steal it.

My dad sent me a random forward about safety, but I thought it had a good tip. If you hit the panic button on your car keys, the alarm will go off and (hopefully) scare off an intruder. Thought that would have been overkill on the potential papasan purchaser.

Anonymous said...

They probably knew that you used to work at Pier One, and assumed that you have like 45 papasan chairs.

Rob said...

Papasan? Wasn't that a Kevin Federline song?