Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekend Report..

Oh, where to start. Ok, if you scroll down, you can read my and Sarah's review of the movie we saw Friday night..
Now as for Saturday. Just basically hung around and cleaned all day for me, while Sarah started to build our new tv stand (it was her turn for a project and she really wanted to build it, so far it looks great). Brianna stopped by to chat in the afternoon, which was nice cuz it gave us someone else to talk to. That night, we had a friend of mine from work and her fiance over. We started out just hanging out at the house, and after an hour or two we moved on to the first bar of the night. Pat & Larry's, which is located in the Holiday Inn, was a lot of fun. Cozy little bar, all the free popcorn you could eat (self serve out of the popcorn maker in the corner, so it was always hot and fresh), good music and cheap beer. What else do you really need right? We left after an hour or so when a bachelor party started getting a little too friendly with my wife and friend.
After that we hit Barnaby's, which is in the Ramada across the street from the Holiday Inn, so it was easy to get to. Apparently all the hot night spots are in hotels up here. Figures, the 10-15 times Sarah and I came up in the past year to look at houses, and we stay in the Fairfield Marriott with no bar in it. Now Barnaby's is a club, Maine style. Three dollar cover (yep, only $3), and it kinda reminded me of The Harp. Its a meat market, plain and simple. Girls in clothes 7 sizes too small (not in a good way), guys trolling the dance floor for easy conquests and all the free popcorn you can eat, again (its starting to become a theme, which I don't mind, cuz who doesn't like free popcorn). We had a good time, although the music was really loud and techno-y which isn't my style, but once again, $3 beers, how can you go wrong. The line of the night came from my lovely, hilariously judgemental wife, who said at one point, "holy crap, check out the braces on Boobs McGee". Now I don't know about you, but when you nickname someone Boobs McGee, the first thing I'm looking at isn't her braces. Matter of fact, I never caught the braces, but apparently they were little kid style with the rubber bands and huge fronts on them, so they were very noticeable, especially on someone in their 20's. Since it was in the Ramada, it kinda felt like we were at a bad wedding ya know, the function hall feel, with people doing inappropriate things on the dance floor. Although I did get spoken to by the "bouncer" for taking my beer into the bathroom. You see, the bathroom isn't in the club, its in the hotel, so you have to leave the bar to go to the bathroom...interesting huh.
Interesting night to say the least, and if you ever come up to visit and you're looking for a night to base a sitcom episode around, we'll go to Barnaby's.
Sunday was spent hanging out, nothing too exciting really, although we did go to home depot and for some wood screws and ended up buying tons of flowers, planters and an outdoor fireplace, which is pretty cool.

8 comments:

Rob said...

My REAL reason to visit: Barnaby's. I'll be there by dawn!

jay said...

wait until Friday, apparently thats when they play good music, not techno dance stuff..

Rob said...

Who cares about the music? I'm there to see Boobs McGee.

Unknown said...

Rob, we can carpool.

Sarah said...

I want to state that I was not the origin of the nickname boobs McGee, I stole it, but it was still an appropriate title for her.

Anonymous said...

Three dollar cover? A little steep, no?

Rob said...

That's only a buck fifty a boob ... so no, Mike, it's not steep at all.

eileen said...

Sounds like my kind of place!