Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tuesday Random Thoughts...

  • Great thing about Maine, that Massachusetts can't compete with - HAPPY HOUR! Yep, its alive and prevalent up here, unlike in my former puritanical state. Beer and appetizer specials every night. What a wonderful thing.
  • Everyone remembers and loves the Ground Round right? Everyone remembers going as a kid, and participating in the "pay what you weigh" promotion, right? Well they still do that up here! How great is that? Although at my current weight, it might be cheaper to pay the regular menu prices...
  • The Bangor Folk Festival is this weekend. http://www.americanfolkfestival.com/ So of course we'll go check it out. And for those of you who are interested, Diva's, the local strip club is waiving their cover charge for the weekend. Nice huh
  • The in-laws are coming up this weekend. Should be fun. We're off to Bar Harbor for the day Saturday too. The funny thing is, well let me back up.. pretty much everything I've learned in life, I've learned by watching tv. Every bad sitcom out there tells us that we're not supposed to get along with our in-laws. I get along great with my in-laws and am looking forward to seeing them, and I'm pretty sure they feel the same way, so does this mean that tv lied to me? I don't know if I'm prepared to deal with that...if tv lied about that, what else did it lie to me about? Do kids in Beverly Hills really not lead that much of an entertaining life? Was Mr. Brady just talking out his ass when he solved all the kids problems in a cool 30 minutes? Did kids living in the 1970's suburban Wisconsin really not get involved in that many hijinks's and wacky escapades? Is Neil Patrick Harris really not a suit wearing womanizer? Do people really not have super powers? Next you're going to tell me that Jennifer Love Hewitt really can't talk to ghosts while wearing gravity defining shirts... I just don't know what to think anymore.
  • Gonna try a new section to the blog. Reader Favorites I'm going to call it. Anyone has anything they'd like to recommend, whether it be a new beer, movie, book, store, whatever, shoot me an email and i'll post your suggestion, giving you full credit of course.
  • And lastly.. a shout out to my boy Tom in the Wooo, what up...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, gee, you say nice things, Jay.

For Wisconsin family life, I think the 70's Show is on the money.

Dad-in-law

Rob said...

It's pronounced "Bah Hahbah".

Anonymous said...

Does Diva's bring in "folksy" girls for the weekend? You know, less silicone, more leg hair?