Saturday, August 18, 2007

My Latest Project & My Movie review

When we moved out of my parents' house, my mom presented us with my grandmother's old couch. This very useful, hardly used pullout couch was not exactly the height of fashion as you can see... But it is fully functional, and provides a reasonably comfortable sleeping location.



I had said that I would recover the couch in hopes of making it prettier... But since I have never recovered anything, and really have played with a sewing matchine in years, I didn't want to spend much money to do it. So I started thinking, "Well, I'll check TJ Maxx for some pretty sheets." No luck, but I did find a bunch of very large table cloths on clearance, along with 4 pillows that match really well- also on clearance. I now present the $100 couch:

It's not perfect, but it's an improvement, and the bed can still be pulled out very easily. Yeah me!

Movie Review:

I liked Stardust much more then Jay did, but I sort of knew that going in. I was hoping it was going to be more "Hocus Pocus"-like, a little goofy witch movie. But it wasn't, I still liked it though. There was something that was just a little off about the movie, like I missed part of the story or something. Michelle Pfeiffer was a pretty good evil witch, and I think the second best source of comedy in the movie. Robert De Niro definitely took the cake for that- an unexpected role for him, with some serious overacting, obviously intentional, but highly amusing. I would watch it again if it were on TV on a rainy Saturday afternoon.

While Jay found the two people behind us entertaining, I wouldn't have called them Statler & Waldorf since they were very invested in the movie and jumped and shrieked when the littlest thing happened.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the couch looks fabulous, great job!

Anonymous said...

Nice work on the couch cover! So professional! I have a blue flowered couch that could use a new look... do you take orders?!