Friday, August 3, 2007

Weekend Plans

So its Friday, finally. Nothing much on tap, lots of outside work to do, maybe some painting, go see a movie and hit up a local restaurant or two. We really need to paint the bathroom soon though, as the previous owners used a super glossy paint. So when you look at it, you ask yourself is it plastic or just shiny wood (insert joke here). Here are a couple more pictures..

This is the upstairs bathroom. Its the room with the shinny paint. Who doesn't love a blue toilet though! Soon, there will a 100% renovation to it. Everything but the tub is going, and we're adding lots of tile and paint.
And here's the guest room. Not much too it right now, just a bed, dresser, tv and bookcase. Eventually, someday, when somebody who isn't my parents (who have been up once and already have a 2nd visit scheduled) or Sarah's parents (coming up later in August) comes up to visit, this is one of the rooms you can stay in.

These pics are from the soon to be dining room, once we buy a table and chairs that is.. Sarah picked the color and it looks great in person. But the best part is the tin ceiling. Obviously now, its just being used as room to put everything that doesn't have a place yet..



These pictures are from the office (not to be confused with Sarah's work office) or as we like to call it, the Library. Obviously, the blue tape still needs to be removed. There was wood painted a dark brown under the trim/windows so we painted it white. 5 coats later (including 2 primer coats) and you can still kinda see the brown.





Here's my bookcase I built. Trust me, it looks a lot better in person. Man, if I had a dime for every time I've had to say that.. I mean nuthin.. I built the shelves and desk myself. The shelves are 6.5 feet high by about 6 feet across. The desk is just about 4 feet long. For my first time ever building something, I'd say its pretty impressive.

Fireplace in the Library. Its got some umm interesting tile work on it, so we figured we'd keep it as we probably couldn't do anything better.

And remember, if you do decide to come visit us at the Morrissey House, we offer free wi-fi, turn down service, complementary continental breakfast and access to historic Bangor, Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay, the bookcases and desk look awesome! And I love the color of the dining room. Looks like you're already settled!

Anonymous said...

The house looks great! What a great paint job! It looks great! I cannot wait to stay at the Morrissey B & B! :)