Monday, October 29, 2007

Another start to another week

  • Woke up, it was 31 degrees out. Sweet.
  • So I did the math. It cost me a total of (rental and sandpaper) $62 to sand the floor and it'll run us about another $50-$75 for stain/poly. To hire someone, its $2 a sqft up here, plus other costs. The room is about 400 sqft, so we're talking somewhere in the $1000 vicinity. Which means that by doing the work ourselves, we saved over $800. I love that. Plus, every time I look at the floor, I know that I did that. Its a good feeling.
  • Right now my friend Lori is in the hospital having a baby!!!! Everyone wish her luck!
  • My tv is broken, its very sad. Basically, the tunnel that projects the picture onto the bazillion tiny mirrors (its how dlp tv's work) is collapsing. Which means I can still see the picture, its just that half of the screen is really really dark and the other side is normal. Sorta like a shadow during a baseball game. Half the field is bright and sunny, and the other half not so much. Thankfully we purchased the extended warranty on the tv, so they'll send someone out to fix it. Not so thankfully, we live where there are very few technicians, so who knows how long it'll take.... In the meantime, I go back to watching a normal picture on the 30 inch tv in our bedroom. It makes me sad...
  • And after talking to my buddy Jimmy, I realized he was right. My superstitions had nothing to do with the Sox winning, but this did...Good job supporting the team Emma! Look how tiny and cute she is! Fits right into a baseball glove. Jimmy, you weren't too swift with the glove back in high school, I remember all those errors, so I'd hold her with both hands if I were you ;)

No comments: