Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy Birthday!!!

Quick points;
  • A big happy 0 birthday to little Emma Marie, born to my friends Jimmy & Stacey at 5:40am this morning. Happy to report that both mom and baby are doing very well. She was a little late (due a couple of days ago) but she's here and we can't wait to meet her. Hopefully she got her mom's looks.
  • A second happy birthday to Sarah's brother Andrew. That came out wrong. Its not his second birthday.. just add 30 or so years to that and you'll be in the neighborhood. Happy Birthday sir.
  • Speaking of birthdays, does anyone else out there remember the Zoom birthday song. Remember, you'd buy the little 45 with the one song on it, and you'd buy the one that had your name.. My name is Zoom, and I come from the moon...c'mon, anyone else remember that song?
  • Tried a new beer. Sebago Boathouse Brown Ale. It was just ok. 4.8%abv, with a deep brown color. Almost too malty for my tastes though. I'm a huge fan of the Sam Adams Brown ale, but this was much stronger in flavor. I didn't have anything to eat with it, but I have a feeling that it would have tasted better with something to eat, rather than just on its own. If you like the darker beers, I'd recommend trying it, but if you're like me and stick to the light to medium stuff, pass on it for now.
  • I also tried another new drink. V8 Splash. This stuff is great. For years now my mother, and now my wife, have been on me to eat more vegetables. This is the solution to all my problems. I don't like broccoli, I don't like asparagus and now I don't have to eat them! A couple servings of this is equal to a daily serving of vegetables. So just a couple of glasses of this yummy concoction and I'm good to go.

3 comments:

eileen said...

Oh my gosh, I totally remember the zoom records!

Anonymous said...

My name is Zoom and I'm from the moon, I came down to Earth just to sing you this tune, Hey jason it's your birthday, TODAY!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jay, and thanks for the gift certificate.

Does Amazon sell beer?

-Andy