Sunday, October 7, 2007

Da weekend

So nothing all that exciting to report on. Yesterday, we just drove to Bar Harbo, hitting some antique stores on the way there. We're looking for an old armoir for our front hall and a dining room table. NO ONE seems to have armoirs that aren't designed for tv's, we just want one to use as a closet as we don't have one by the front door.
As for the table... Sarah and I walked into one place and found the perfect table! Only to find out it was $25,000! Yes you read that correctly, and I'm not exaggerating. $25,000. Granted it was built in the 1880's but still. Do they expect someone to just happen to wander in one day and buy it?
Besides that, Sarah and I just hung out last night. Stopped in Bar Harbor and got some dinner, fried clams and onion rings for me and a lobster roll for her. And as for last night, boring. Just hung out and watched tv.
Didn't do much today either. Lots of yard work, raking etc., for me, followed by grocery shopping for the week. Of course the clicker got quite the work out flipping back and forth between the Pats and the Sox. Both great games, both great wins.
Sarah is down in Boston for the next couple of days, working, so it's just me in the house. I'm thinking I should probably be productive while she's gone, but who am I kidding, I'm really lazy. It'll most likely just be lots of tv watching.. pretty much what I do when she's around, except now I don't have to take into consideration what she wants to watch.
New beer alert: tried Shipyard Pumpkinhead. Highly recommend it for those of you who like the fall ales. Very similar, although not as good, to John Harvard's Harvest Spice (if memory serves, as I haven't had it in a year or so) Pick up a six pack, you won't regret it.
Not much else to report on, hope everyone's weekend was a little more exciting than mine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is this nanby-pamby spice beer stuff? Beer my boy is suppose to taste like real beer and should be consumed in great quantities.

jay said...

nanby pamby? thats tough talk for someone posting under anonymous! yeah i said it!