Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Just another day I guess

So besides the three fire alarms that went off today, the sewerage coming up out of a residents bathtub and the first death of a tenant since I've been there, it was just another day in my life..

On a much happier note though, there's a rumor going around that we might have our first return visitors! (even though my parents have already come up twice, they only stayed with us once, and in a hotel on the second visit, so they weren't technically our guests) Sarah's parents are talking about coming back up in the next month or so. How great is that! Apparently it's not so bad up here huh.
I've just about finished up the last of my 6 pack of the Shipyard Pumpkinhead ale. I really can't say enough about it. Truly a tasty drink. I think, with the exception of Harpoon Winter Warmer, fall beers are my favorite. Dark, but not too dark and packed with flavor.

Did anyone else know that Garth Brooks is holding 9 concerts in November in Kansas City? We just found out today. The reason this is relevant is because my wife is a HUGE Garth fan. Tickets are obviously sold out, but there are a bunch on ebay. Don't think we'll be going.. ooh well.
And the Celtics won again today, for those of you who care. I obviously still do. The game was in London (preseason) and aired at 3pm. Thankfully it was replayed tonight, so I got to watch a lot of it.
I've been watching a lot of Countdown with Keith Olberman. Does watching a political themed show make me old? Although there is quite a bit of comedy thrown in there, so that makes it less bad. I put the blame on the tv networks though as there really is nothing on Wednesday nights. (we've tivo'd Pushing Daisies, just haven't got around to watching the first episode yet)

On a semi related note, it's recently been brought to my attention that I watch too much tv. What's that you say, not possible? I agree, but others seem to think differently. So I'm asking you, my faithful reader, for suggestions for a new hobby. Something that can take the place of some tv watching. I could start brewing beer again, but this is an activity that takes 3 hours to do, once every other week. I could go to the gym more often, but this is from like 5-6 after work. With my classes not starting until January I have some time to kill, so fire away with your suggestions.
Good to see Bob Saget getting work. (there's some bad language here)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You watch too much TV. It is true.

eileen said...

I don't watch very much television. I'm too busy drinking.