Monday, October 22, 2007

Random Thoughts

  • So Sarah and I were watching a movie on CBC the other night (Canadian Broadcasting Company) and we noticed that Canadian ads are weird. First off, there was like 50 ads for the Honda Civic. Apparently it's the most sold car in Canada ten years running. One would think, with the cold and snow and what not that a bigger car would sell more. Also, an ad came on for aspirin... named Aspirin. That was the name of the drug. Not Bayer, not Tylenol, not Advil, just Aspirin. Boy, the marketing team must have spent some long nights in the office dreaming that name up...
  • Red Sox are in the World Series!!!! I only have one complaint. The start times for all the games are 8:30pm east coast time. Are you kidding me? Does Major League Baseball have some sinister plan to deprive the nation of sleep before taking over or something? They're doing a wonderful job of not allowing an entire generation of baseball fans, kids, to stay up and watch the games. I'm falling asleep on the couch at 10:30 (4th inning), never mind some kid who has a book report due the next morning. Good job MLB. Your sport is already behind the NFL and NBA, lets go for the trifecta and come in forth place behind the NHL. Ok, so that might be exaggerating a bit, but you get my point.
  • As my friends have noticed, I love to text message. Does that make me a 14 year old girl? Thankfully I was smart enough to get the unlimited texting plan on my phone. I also got two phone calls tonight. TWO! My phone hasn't rung twice in one day in.. well.. forever I guess. Life is good.
  • And lastly, Vince Vaughn has a new movie coming out in November, Fred Clause. This worries me for a couple of reasons. Usually I love Vince Vaughn movies, but there are two kinds. The Wedding Crashers, where you know he's thinking, "I love making movies and I'm hilarious and care about the effort I put into making this movie", and Dodgeball. The "I'm getting paid in cash, right?" kind of movies. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Dodgeball, but not nearly as much as I like The Wedding Crashers. Also, the movie is rated PG. Its sad to say, but comedies that are rated PG usually aren't that funny. I'll still probably end up seeing it though.

3 comments:

Rob said...

Ummm ... MLB is behind the NBA? You sure 'bout that?

Rob said...

Also - constant text messages do not mean you're a 14 year-old girl! That's a bit harsh ...

But it DOES mean that I am going to send you a bill for each $0.20 messaging charge I get to read an update about a game I'm already watching ... :)

eileen said...

Studies have shown that guys text message more than girls.