Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Isn't she studious?

Isn't it great. While Sarah is distracted with school work, I can sit and watch the Sox game in piece..
Anyway, earlier tonight we put a second coat of primer on the 3rd floor. Who knew that fake wood paneling was actually made from sponges? Its just soaking up the paint. We'll probably do one more coat, then paint the walls and trim. After that comes the fun part, sanding the floors and attempting to refinish them. (they're in HORRIBLE shape, but its worth a shot) We need to sand the trim before repainting it, so Maine uncles I'll be by at some point to borrow your hand sanders!
Couple of quick points..
  • Heard Poison, by Bel Biv Devoe on the radio today, and it made me think of Scrubs.
  • Tried another beer tonight. Geary's Autumn Ale. Euh, it was alright. Geary's is a Maine brewed beer, out of Portland. I tend to like their lighter beers better. This one is 5.8%abv, with a darker copper color. They're website said it was supposed to be brown ale, but you could have fooled me. I'll take a Sam Adams any day over this one. Once again though, it probably tastes better out of the tap, but since I haven't convinced Sarah to let me buy a kegerator yet, I can't tell you for sure. (btw, you can find kegerators cheaper than the one I linked too, I just picked that one cuz google had it at the top of their list)
  • I've been dealing with a lot of contractors lately at work (plumbers, contractors, etc.) and I always have this question in the back of my mind.. is this guy trying to rip me off? He can tell me what the solution to my problem is, but because I'm not a plumber, how the heck do I know if its the best way to fix the problem? I ask the guy for the best fix, and of course I get the.."well I can't guarantee anything but.." for an answer. The trick is to read the person to try to figure out if they're lying or not, but its not always easy to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For kegerators, there are kits that you can buy to transform your dorm fridge into a kegerator. More work, obviously, but it should end up being a lot cheaper. Especially if you can get the fridge on Craigslist or something.