Saturday, October 20, 2007

Game 7 Baby!!!

Couple of quick hits as I finish off my Killians..
  • Tried a new pizza place, Amato's. Very good. Excellent breadsticks, above average pizza and didn't have too wait too long. Only downside is that they don't deliver.
  • I have a new nemesis. The man who invented the carpet staple. There's nothing worse than pulling up carpet and having to go around and pick those darn little staples out of the floor afterwards. KILLS my back. If I ever meet that guy, I'm totally going to challenge him to a duel.
  • Maine hockey up here is HUGE. How huge is it you ask. Well its so big that their games are broadcast on the local CBS affiliate and preempt the shows that are scheduled to be on at that time. Which means my lovely wife didn't get to watch Ghost Whisperer last night.
  • So every morning, I get up before Sarah. When I brush my teeth, I always put my toothbrush back on the bottom shelf of the medicine cabinet and the toothpaste back on the middle shelf. Every night, after she's brushed her teeth at least once that day, I find the toothpaste on the bottom shelf, not on the middle shelf where I left it and where it belongs. I put it one place, she puts it in another... its like some silent power struggle between the two of us...
  • So I tried to buy some beer today, but couldn't. I only have a temporary ID as I recently went to the DMV to get a Maine license. Because I don't have a picture ID, the woman at the store wouldn't sell to me. She said it was obvious I was over 21 (should I be insulted?), but couldn't sell to me unless I had a picture ID. She asked if I had one on me, and I responded that I didn't as my new license hadn't arrived yet, hence the temporary license. So she askes me in a very incredulous tone, "you have no other picture ID's". Umm, no. My only other pic ID is my passport, and I really don't carry that around with me. Besides your license, who has a secondary pic ID with your birthday on it??? So I had to have Sarah buy it for me at another store. How sad is that..
  • Huge win, great game, for the Sox tonight. Uncle D came over to watch. Before the game, and during the first 3 innings, my cousin David had his Pop Warner football championship game. I was rockin' the walkman, so I could watch his game and listen to the Sox game at the same time. 730 start under the lights, but unfortunately they lost. Great game though, and it was really great to see his improvement week to week.
  • Did some more work on the 3rd floor. We're going to have to rent a floor sander as the hand sander and belt sander just weren't cutting it. I'll have more pics later this week after we paint some more..

No comments: