Saturday, October 6, 2007

Home Field Advantage

Random thoughts..

  • This is what you're supposed to do when you're the home team fans;
  • Huge win by the Sox last night. Two great baseball games on actually with both the Sox and Indians winning in their final atbats. I don't want to take all the credit, but I do feel like some of it should go to me. You see, back in 2004 I purchased a red Manny Ramirez Red Sox t-shirt. I wore it from time to time, but never with a specific purpose. The night of game 4 against the Yankees, I ran upstairs and put it on hoping to bring some luck to the hometown 9. Well obviously it worked and I wore for the rest of the playoffs that year. Since then, I've worn the shirt from time to time, but again, never with a purpose. Last night was different though. With the Sox down 3-2 in the 5th, I ran upstairs, put on the shirt (the misses thinks I'm bat sh*t crazy), and they went on to win. Needless to say, I will be wearing the shirt again Sunday;
  • Coincidentally, I tried a new bottle of wine last night. 3 Blind Moose chardonnay. For the price ($15 a bottle, although I used my Shaw's card and only paid $12.99, how sweet is that. Can't do that in the puritanical state of Massachusetts. Well you can, but only in a limited number of grocery stores, but up here, every grocery store sells liquor. Using a rewards card to buy booze, fantastic. Its one of those things that makes me proud to be an American), it was very good. Fruity flavor, went down very smooth, no biting aftertaste, I'd definitely recommend it. Although it is kinda sad drinking alone. Sarah just has her one glass, half of which sits there unfinished and I drink the rest. I really need to find some friends;
  • For those of you who have been watching the playoffs.. how much do the TBS announces suck? They're horrible! On one play, Garrett Anderson hits a blooper down the right field line, jogs out of the batters box and doesn't start to sprint until he's 3/4 of the way to first. Well the TBS guys were praising him for his hustle on the play. HUH?!?!? Were they not watching the same game I was? Just not good at all;
  • Is it me, or is Dice-k rockin the mullet? Business in the front, party in the back baby;
  • So I was flicking back to the Bruins game on occasion last night. Not good. It seemed that the Stars scored only during Red Sox commercials, which isn't good for the Bruins. Manny Fernandez (their new goalie) has no business wearing Andy Moog's number 35 either;
  • And for all you Pats fans out there... don't forget, while you're cheering for the Patriots every week, to root against the 49ers. Remember, the Patriots have the 49ers first round pick this year, which could be a very very good pick seeing how bad the they are. This means you, San Francisco in-laws! You guys are closest to the 49ers, so if you happen to see Frank Gore walking down the street, don't be afraid to tap him with your car. You don't have to really hurt him, just put him out for a couple of games, that's all;
  • I noticed a bunch of players growing playoff beards. Now I'm all about randomly growing a beard, especially during the playoffs, but if you're going to grow it, you can't shave some of it. Guys are shaving under their chins around the neck. No good! You have to let the whole thing just grow across your face. That's the way its supposed to work;
  • Not much going on this weekend, which is nice. "Actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time." Seriously though, not sure what's on the agenda. Maybe a trip to the unfinished furniture store, maybe a little antiquing, who knows what kind of crazy misadventures we'll get into! Tomorrow is round 3 of leave raking Sundays though, gotta make my yard all nice and pretty. Believe it or not, I love doing all this stuff that goes along with owning a house. I'll probably end up running some new cable wires around the house this weekend too. Good times. (the previous owners just ran the cable from the basement up thru the floor. I hate that, it makes a hole in the perfectly good floor. It takes 10 extra minutes to do it the right way and run the cable into the wall, where it should be);
  • Forgot to mention it during my posting earlier this week, but I read a great book(thanks Phil) while traveling the other day. Committed, by Mark St. Amant. It's this guy who loves fantasy football, so he quits his job (with his wife's permission of course) and goes on a year long quest to learn everything there is to learn on fantasy football and win the league he's in with his buddies. Its nonfiction too, that's the best part. Man, how great would that be. Although I supposed one would need the ability to put together coherent sentences in order to write a book, so I should find a new dream. My style of stream of consciousness doesn't really make the grade in the publishing world. Oh well.
  • I changed my ring (thank you Verizon V-cast) to Toby Keith's "I'm not as good as I once was". For someone like me who peaked in high school, I think its fitting.
  • And for all those crazy Northrup's out there..

No comments: