Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Quickie

Power went out today at work. They've been doing a lot of work on the street, and apparently all of downtown Bangor was out. Thankfully we have a backup generator that runs the elevators, some lights and the office. Which means even though the power is out, my computer will still work. Good times.
We got the first coat of paint on the 3rd floor. Second coat goes on tomorrow night, with the trim thereafter. Called and reserved the floor sander at the tool rental place for Saturday. $35 a day, not too bad considering it was $50 to rent a simple nail gun down at a Boston Home Depot. So we'll attempt to redo the floor Saturday. Before that though, I'll need one of my Maine uncles (and you know who you are) to come over and give me a hand lifting a radiator off the floor and out of the room. Speaking of which, anyone know what I do with it? I can't just throw it out, the trash guys won't be able to lift it. Sell it for scrap? Anyone know how that works?
Bed time, have to rest up for the late World Series nights ahead of me...

No comments: