Monday, October 8, 2007

My favorite day

Monday isn't actually my favorite day, nobody likes Mondays. But Monday night is my favorite night as both How I Met Your Mother (fantastically funny episode yet again) and Hero's (they need to pick up the pace some, but still, great stuff) are on.
Not much to report on really today. Work's work, home is home, the misses comes back from Boston tomorrow. Which means I'll finally have someone to cook and clean for me...
  • Did anyone see that story about the plane full of skydivers that disappeared? I know its wrong to make jokes about death, but doesn't it strike you as odd that this plane could crash and no one survives? I mean, they all have parachutes on. Couldn't you just jump out and float to safety?
  • Celtics, Patriots, Red Sox and BC all looking great this year. Not a bad time to be a Boston sports fan euh. And yes, I did watch the first half the of the Celtics preseason game last Saturday. They're going to be real fun to watch this year.
  • To give you some insight into the level of ineptitude I have to put up with here on sports radio.. the two hosts who do the 4pm to 6pm show picked the Rams and 49ers, respectively, to win the Super Bowl. Um what? Both those teams will most likely finish with losing records. Way to go guys. Then again the big prizes they give away entail such lavish gifts such as $15 gift certificates to the local pizza place and the Ground Round. Wait a minute, I like both pizza and the Ground Round. I need to start calling in more!
  • Big goings on in Bangor this weekend. I actually wanted to go check it out, but forgot. Oh well, maybe next year.
  • I really need to invest in a laptop. Having the tv and the computer in different rooms is really a pain.
  • And lastly, my friend Phil is the king of the Top 10 list. Any list he comes up with is always hysterical, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Turns out mine isn't as funny as his... So without further ado,
    Top 10 Reasons I have a blog:
    10. Peer pressure, everybody's doing it.
    9. Instead of embarrassing myself on a local level, I thought I'd kick it up a notch to the world wide level.
    8. I've always wanted to write a book. This is as close as I'll ever get.
    7. There's not a lot else to do in Maine.
    6. I like to talk to people. Not seeing the friends often enough, this helps keep the phone bill down.
    5. Get to be part of the "blogosphere". (not to be confused with Biosphere)
    4. Wife got sick of listening to me babble on about things that don't interest her. Now I can bore everyone instead of just her.
    3. Gives me an excuse to try new beers, so I can rate them for others to try. It makes drinking alone a little less painful and pathetic
    2. Maybe someone from tvguide.com will read it and hire me to write for them
    1. I think I'm a lot funnier and more interesting than I actually am

2 comments:

Rob said...

TV Guide might hire you if you start calling it "Heroes". Hero's is a sub shop in South Jersey.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog, Jason! I just do not always have a witty comment to post after. And I am looking forward to reading more about your television reviews. "How I Met Your Mother" was hysterical last night - and "Heroes" was good (although it had a moment of cheesiness with the whole flying high school kid).